View Single Post

Old 12-17-2018, 04:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 414.21 MB
Finally got around to correcting the 1:68 scale issue for the VW Police cars, but found other errors with the front bumpers. Not a huge deal, but apologies to all downloaders as I replaced the old file with 2 new ones.

I took the opportunity to add more recolors and improve the existing ones. I had really wanted to add a recolor of Mr. Geibel's pre-1958 Beetle but Philippine assembly started in 1959. Still, I noticed that the Beetles from the Takumi website were already in red and blue, which works for the new recolors. So the first file contains Police cars from Quezon City, Marikina, Las Pinas and (white) Pasay City. The second file contains Police cars from (red) Pasay City and (blue) Cavite City - the latter (with real license plates) was featured in the movie Sangley Point Robbery based on a true incident at an American military base in the Philippines.

Still have something else planned for my Christmas release - possibly something else to celebrate Miss Philippines becoming the 2018 Miss Universe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfuente View Post
I honestly tried to find the original source of this VW Beetle for proper attribution, but even the previous recolorers admit ignorance (help anyone?).

For the record it has appeared in cyan, Emma Swan yellow, Inspector Gadget red white and blue, Brazilian Police black and white, Kansas University Ecohawk red yellow and blue, green and black, and the ever popular #53 racer Herbie in white. I just picked the cleanest, highest resolution image and went from there.

Maybe it's the cop car hangover from the Eureka Jeep, but here are 4 liveries for Philippine Police VW Beetles for these cities: Marikina and Las Pinas in white, Pasay City in red then Quezon City in black, only the last has no roof light. I've supplied period correct 1965-1967 'towel rail' bumpers and government license plates. The red version has real plates while the others have plausible ones, as determined from period photos.

As usual, these will be available pending moderator approval.

Last edited by lfuente; 12-17-2018 at 05:48 AM.