View Single Post

Old 12-20-2018, 07:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thanks! Glad you like, and sorry about the typo. I’ve already admitted to being a high-functioning idiot, and I stand by that!

Those white circles, two I can answer off the top of my head, the other I need to wait until I get home.

The small white circle on the radio room is the spot where the antenna connect. I’m not sure why they chose to make it so large, but that’s the spot. The small white circle near the capstans isn’t mentioned at all in the instructions but it’s where the spare anchor handling crane is located. I’ve only been able to make out in a couple photos and it’s nothing more than a dark spot. One drawing I have shows or connected to the breakwater on Emden but I don’t think this is correct but rather for Dresden.. It’s one of those small collapsible cranes that probably folds forward. The white circle is the base of the crane, which HMV never mentions.

The midships circle I’m still looking into.

I think the casemate breakwaters are holdover parts from when one could build either Emden or Dresden from this kit, and I think they’re Dresden parts, but that I’m not sure about either. I’ve never seen anything like them on the prototype photos of either ship