View Single Post

Old 12-22-2018, 11:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by drg View Post
Why not make the crane? Wouldn’t it have been on the Emden? There must have been some means of moving the anchor? Or was it a hole for a temporary crane spigot?

Did you spot the mid deck spot on that line drawing too? With the cartridge notation next to it?
Sorry, I should have been more clear. I’m going to attach the crane to the breakwater as shown on the drawings and cover up the mysterious circle.

The notation on those plans refers to ready-use lockers methinks, however, I have noticed a pipe in some drawings in that location. I think there may be in air vent or perhaps an exhaust vent in that area. It seems the photos of the ship and drawings of the ship don’t mesh. Upon further review, the white circle on the funkraum MAY be a vent location that was either never added or removed at some point. This could have appeared on a drawing of the ship and added to the model, but not used. I noticed this while researching the deck circle. The two don’t line up, so I’m not sure if they’re related. Photos of the funkraum on Emden don’t show any structure so if it was there it was removed, and if it was never added it’s probably a leftover from HMVs source drawings.