View Single Post

Old 12-22-2018, 03:18 PM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
I was on a vintage Rigby recolor kick for the past month or so, but now it's time to get back to the Vanquisher. g0rb's fantastic mixed media WH40K tank inspired me to get a little wild and crazy with the tracks. The original tracks are just a flat strip, but I decided to redraw them to make individual hinged links.

Photo 1 is a shot of the new caterpillar parts page - not enough links - just what would fill a letter sized page. Photo 2 shows a link cut out. Photo 3 is a shot of the underside after edge coloring. I used a Sharpie which bled a bit - very obvious on the back side, but not visible on the topside. In Photo 4 the 2 hinge strips on one side have been folder over a paper clip and glued down. Photo 5 is of the underside with all 3 hinge rings formed. Photo 6 is the (almost) completed link. I still need to add the pad to the center. In photo 7 the link is in place, joined to the others with thin pla$tic rod. I've managed to string 32 links together so far - still a bit short - I'll need 37 or so to wrap all the way around. More to come very soon, for those following along.
Attached Thumbnails
WH40K Vanquisher tank-tracka.jpg   WH40K Vanquisher tank-trackb.jpg   WH40K Vanquisher tank-trackc.jpg   WH40K Vanquisher tank-trackd.jpg   WH40K Vanquisher tank-tracke.jpg  

WH40K Vanquisher tank-trackf.jpg   WH40K Vanquisher tank-trackg.jpg