View Single Post

Old 12-22-2018, 03:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by maurice View Post
At the Reynolds numbers at which these things are operating it has been found ... etc ... etc ...
Yes, for this size, flat plate is less complicating than camber, that's experimental rather than mathematical
Set the wing at 2 - 3 degrees and the tail at 0 degrees and don't stray far from that.
Nose (or tail) weight as needed to bring the centre of gravity to about a third of the chord back.

I dunno much about the physics I took....but I do know the rule of thirds. Locate the wing a third of the way back from the fuselage nose. Make the wing chord about a third of the wing length (measured from the wing root to wing tip....not the total wing span). Make the stabilizer area about a third of the wing area. Locate the center of gravity about a third of the wing chord from the leading edge. My adopted grandson used my rules to win a design contest when he was studying aeronautical engineering in college. And I have yet to ever fail me when designing a model I wanted to actually fly rather than just sit there looking good.