View Single Post

Old 12-25-2018, 11:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 23.51 GB
It was late at night, and the Archbishop of Notre Dame was, to put it bluntly, absolutely shattered.
It had been a long day, sermons, blessings, hymns and absolutions had taken their toll on him.
His mitre was chafing, his hidden kneepads were rubbing and his genuflecting finger was throbbing with overuse.
At last he could close up the cathedral and get some well earned sleep.
Bringing out the stepladder he locked first the top bolt, then the middle bolt and finally the backbreaking lower bolt on the cathedral door. Then, down the aisle to the alter, pause, genuflect, and off to the stairs. Locking the stairway's doors behind him he climbed the 70 feet to his Archbishops quarters.
Slamming the door behind him he threw his mitre with the accuracy of long practice onto it's stand on the bedside table, removed his cloth of gold surplice and his boxer shorts and "Green bay Packers" tee shirt.
Finally he threw himself onto his four poster bed and with a deep sigh extinguished the candle and prepared for a good sleep.
Just as he was dozing off, ...
....BOOM, BOOM BOOOM....
OOOOOH NOOO !!!
It was the sound of the heavy brass doorknocker on the Catheral's front door.
"No way" he thought, "Sleepy time for Archy".
"Boom Boom Boom"
"Boom Boom BOOOOOM"
He could no longer ignore it.
So, removing his "Banana Bunch onesy he dragged on his boxer shorts and "Green bay packers" tee shirt, drew on his cloth of gold surplice and retrieved his mitre from the nightstand.
Opening his bedroom door he descended the 70 feet to the cathedral's floor, bowed before the altar and, muttering, made his way up the aisle, collecting the keys and the stepladder on his way.
Top bolt, clunk !
Middle bolt, Clunk !
Bottom bolt (OWWW my back), Clunk.
Finally, he swung open the doors and, peering out into the night's gloom intoned :-
"Bless you my child, how may I he......"
There was no-one there !
Suddenly, from below, came a small cough.
"Ahem"
He looked down and there was a tiny woman wrapped in a ragged shawl.
"Bless you my dear, how may I help you ?"
"Sorry to bother your Archbishopness at this time of night" she said.
"It's just that I'm Mrs Modo".
"I just thought that I'd pop in to tell you our Quasi can't come into work tomorrow"

"He's got a bad back".

Merry Christmas everybody.
Liz