View Single Post

Old 12-31-2018, 12:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 414.21 MB
Happy New Year, everyone!

As promised, here are 2 new recolors of my VW Type 197:

1) Optional ladders for the PLDT Sakbayan, since they almost always had them on the roof. Can be built as one long extension ladder, an A-frame stepladder, or two shorter ladders (folded over).

2) My mom's service vehicle, to the best of her recollection - plausible 1990s government plates, doors without windows (probably added after acquisition).

3) A Sakbayan from the DMG London-Manila cross-continental run from June to August 1970. Two groups set out from London then parted ways in Paris going West and East. This East group car (Silangan) traveled through Turkey, Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, Singapore and then Manila covering 33,000km in 79 days. Their worst mishap was just a flat tire!

There are a few pictures of the Turkey-Pakistan leg, and 3 of the 5 have dromedaries in them (Peramodel anyone?) - the color and markings are my best guess, but I'm 90% sure of the license plate. The message boards on the roof rack face right and left, and there's a spare tire to go in it - pick your own method of adding thickness.

And those oval German export plates? They don't go on either car, but on a related future recolor - stay tuned!