View Single Post

Old 01-01-2019, 09:00 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Thanks, Don and g0rb, and Happy New Year everyone! Except for a few small bits, the second parts page is history. It included some of the turret assembly, a few additional parts for the hull, and much of the vehicle's right side.

The only part which fit poorly was the sensor thingamabob that hangs on the left side of the turret (photo 4). It seems the multiple angles caused Pataroch some problems. As designed it sagged downward, and didn't point straight ahead. Dry fitted, it just didn't look right. I checked some interweb images of the Vanquisher to confirm how it should look before I glued it in place - definitely wrong. I did some surgery on the part so it would sit flush and parallel to the front. Otherwise, every part was perfect in fit and finish.

The modified track is a definite improvement, and any future WH40K tanks I build will get the same treatment. It's time consuming to build the caterpillar one link at a time this way, but is definitely worth the effort. When building a tank, it's pretty much a given that the spot where the caterpillar comes together will NOT result in a full link (hint: always join the track at some inconspicuous location). When I stretched the track around on the Vanquisher however, the links matched up perfectly, and the final hinge pin slid right in. It was a Christmas Miracle!

The next parts page is printed and ready to go. More soon.
Attached Thumbnails
WH40K Vanquisher tank-vanquisherg-2-.jpg   WH40K Vanquisher tank-vanquisherh.jpg   WH40K Vanquisher tank-vanquisheri.jpg   WH40K Vanquisher tank-vanquisherj.jpg   WH40K Vanquisher tank-vanquisherk.jpg  

WH40K Vanquisher tank-vanquisherl.jpg