View Single Post

Old 01-07-2019, 08:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
I didn't mean to start an argument...and I sure didn't mean to insult anyone (that was just a bonus)...

but seriously, yes I think its extremely silly that circles and arcs are published as angular shapes and not smoothed out.
To me, its nothing more than pure laziness.

This "designer" reached a point where they didn't pay any more attention,
or just didn't care to do any more work.
"Thats good enough...I am done".

No, I'm not perfect...never ever said I was...but I do say that I put a lot of effort into all my designs
and I will always try to tweak things to the limit of my skills (if I can).

Yes, I already have a bad taste about those who use pepakura and other shortcuts to manufacture incomplete or substandard models, and then claim to be "designers".
Yes, this influences how I look at a lot of models.
But in this case, I am just looking at a simple circular part and asking why the designer could not have taken the time to fix it...

There are a dozen ways to draw a smooth circle that don't require expensive software.
By the way...Pepakura designer costs $38...not free...
unless you are one of the myriad of "designers" using it with a crack or pirated key.

I published a small UFO model very similar to this one...and mine has round circles.
If I can do it, any idiot can! lol

As a designer and a modeller, I have the right to comment and criticize a model whether it be free or not, simple or complicated.
If the model was intended to be angular or faceted, I wouldn't have commented.

This isn't the first (and won't be the last) "lazy designer".
Maybe my comment will inspire them to do better next time or fix this model, or learn a new skill.
I can promise you, if all they get is "nice" "well done" "good job", then nothing will ever improve.

Laziness is a lot easier than effort.