View Single Post

Old 01-08-2019, 03:05 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Moving on with the build, I noted from the instructions that the individual feathers and the tail parts had to be glued to each other to make double-sided parts.

I therefore decided to start with these - for the simple reason they would reduce the number of loose parts floating around!

Picture 1 shows the parts laid out before glueing.

But the numbering on each of the feathers is not really intuitive, and after they were cut out, I found I had to go back to the original part sheets to work out which part was paired with which.

Picture 2 shows the parts laid in pairs, in case anyone runs into the same problems after cutting out the feathers.

Going clockwise, the pairs are ("T" stands for top, 'B" for bottom).....

3T and 3B
4T and B4
T1 and B1
1T and 1B
2T and B2
T2 and B2

The parts are very accurate, and if cut out carefully, correspond very well when glued back to back - there was minimal trimming of white areas to be done. The tail was the same in terms of accuracy.

Picture 3 shows the parts after they were glued together - to the right of the tail the feathers have been trimmed. To the left of the tail, the feathers still need trimming (note the white edges).

Next will be to commence the build proper, by starting with the most important part - the body.
Attached Thumbnails
Collared Flycatcher - Johan Scherft-image4.jpg   Collared Flycatcher - Johan Scherft-image5.jpg   Collared Flycatcher - Johan Scherft-image6.jpg