View Single Post

Old 01-10-2019, 05:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 263.00 MB
If you know what the scale is you can resize it as needed. Usually with Corel the pdf will import much larger, so I resize it to the original page size 8.5 x 11 or whatever, making sure to increase the pixels to 300 x 300 (the original import is usually pretty large but it is normally at 72 x 72 pixels) this way I am working with the scale the original was in. I then resize it to my desired scale (this is just a percentage larger or smaller done in the resize window). I might say here that Fiddlers Green has a nice little scale converter which uses excel as a base, you just type in the original scale and it will give you the percentage you need to use. Then you see if it will fit a 8.5 x 11, if it doesn't you will need to cut the pieces apart and arrange them to fit on the page. If you are going to a much larger scale you will obviously need to cut at paste some parts to a new page so your finished model may have more pages than the original.

It sounds confusing but it you keep track of what you are doing it is quite easy. I'm a big fan of Corel because it is a vector program. I believe Gimp is vector also and is a free program. These may require a learning curve but it is worth the time spent.

Quite often you can change the scale, by percentage, in the pdf reader before you print. Foxit Reader (free) allows you to do this and has a preview to show how it will fit. It also shows you how your A4 page will look (without changing scale) on a standard letter size page, you just tell it what size paper you are going to print.

Burning Beard is my black powder shooting handle, I earned it on a cold rainy night. Alcohol, and a lodge fire in a Teepee were involved, lol.

Mike