View Single Post

Old 01-13-2019, 02:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Good evening fellas!

Lizard, my techniques and building standards are no match to some of our colleagues` in this forum. But I`ll be glad to show you my building step by step, so you don`t have as mani surprises as I had.

So, we are continuing with the hull. This is quite a challenging part and it kinda sets the tone for the rest of the model, its the basis in which all the other structures will be built upon.

Differently from what I did in the Scharnhorst, in this one, I began with adding the bottom side plates, then the decks, then the upper side plates. As for those, I also did differently. Instead of gluing them all before adding to the ship, I glued the one by one, as I see many of you doing.

Unfortunately, the sheets printed on 180g paper were in poor quality. To counter that, I glued other sheets over them, printed on common office paper, but with a better quality. For that reason you will notice the hull with more vivid colors in the last pictures.

Well, the final result isn`t the smoothest hull, but I managed to remove a lot of wrinkles using a hair dryer and the additional layer of plates. I suppose that using some sort of foam o fill the gaps in the hull will make it a lot better, like I have seen in some of your builds.

Anyways, as usual, any comments and suggestions will be appreciated.

Best regards

Ed
Attached Thumbnails
RN Zara 1:200, Prudenziatti-img_3442.jpg   RN Zara 1:200, Prudenziatti-img_3443.jpg   RN Zara 1:200, Prudenziatti-img_3444.jpg   RN Zara 1:200, Prudenziatti-img_3449.jpg   RN Zara 1:200, Prudenziatti-img_3450.jpg  

RN Zara 1:200, Prudenziatti-img_3451.jpg   RN Zara 1:200, Prudenziatti-img_3456.jpg   RN Zara 1:200, Prudenziatti-img_3457.jpg   RN Zara 1:200, Prudenziatti-img_3458.jpg   RN Zara 1:200, Prudenziatti-img_3461.jpg  

RN Zara 1:200, Prudenziatti-img_3468.jpg   RN Zara 1:200, Prudenziatti-img_3469.jpg