View Single Post

Old 01-17-2019, 09:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 103.90 MB
I've been cutting track parts for days and still have most of the laminated tread blocks to go (44 of 160 cut out so far). I have all of the bands and the 320 teeth cut out, with only one knife slip resulting in 7 kinda funky teeth that I think I can still use. No point in taking a picture of all these parts yet.

I decided to build some of the other parts that go on the back end of the tank, both to break up the monotony and because I thought they might be easier to fit if I did them before the track is on. I started with parts 22-22g, which make a box with a grill. People who actually know something about tanks are welcome to explain the function of this assembly (shown below). It looks to me like it might be an air intake, or maybe exhaust??? Anyhow, I had some fit issues due to my previous lack of precision in building the hull, but I don't think it will look too bad when assembled. I'm not installing it now because it looks like it might be in the way of the rest of the parts that go back there, parts 23-27, which involve a hatch and other thingies. I'll continue to work on those between tread cutting sessions.

CharlieC -- Truer words were never spoken. I've avoided making a blood sacrifice for quite a while, until yesterday when I stabbed a finger, fortunately with a sharp knife (dull ones hurt more).
Attached Thumbnails
Anne's M4A3 Sherman GPM-gedc1099.jpg   Anne's M4A3 Sherman GPM-gedc1102.jpg   Anne's M4A3 Sherman GPM-gedc1103.jpg