View Single Post

Old 01-18-2019, 03:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
The fuselage - Part 1

Hello PM's, thanks again for your responses. Up so far the model is a joy to build. Dan, the 88 project will certainly continue one day, I kept it neatly for the day to come .

A short story this time. Now that the cockpit is finished the front and rear fuselage segments can be prepared. Standard Operating Procedure, however, just a few remarks.

I prefer to glue the various segments together before placing the formers, this makes it easier to accurately “fuse” the individual parts. To help accurate placing the formers I indicated their correct position with a pencil on the joining tabs. The formers fit perfectly, no sanding required and the camouflage pattern on the fuselage segments coincide well.

At the aft section the antenna mast will be placed. I placed a rolled paper tube in this section to be able to insert a metal pin for reinforcement of the antenna mast at a later moment and to secure its correct position - refer to pictures 8 and 9. Thanks to Ricardo (Ricleite), who pointed this trick out in one of his threads.

Cheers,
Erik
Attached Thumbnails
1:33 Hawker Hurricane Mk IID, Orlik-img_e9357.jpg   1:33 Hawker Hurricane Mk IID, Orlik-img_e9358.jpg   1:33 Hawker Hurricane Mk IID, Orlik-img_e9359.jpg   1:33 Hawker Hurricane Mk IID, Orlik-img_9365.jpg   1:33 Hawker Hurricane Mk IID, Orlik-img_9366.jpg  

1:33 Hawker Hurricane Mk IID, Orlik-img_9360.jpg   1:33 Hawker Hurricane Mk IID, Orlik-img_9361.jpg   1:33 Hawker Hurricane Mk IID, Orlik-img_e9362.jpg   1:33 Hawker Hurricane Mk IID, Orlik-img_e9363.jpg   1:33 Hawker Hurricane Mk IID, Orlik-img_9364.jpg