View Single Post

Old 01-25-2019, 11:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.91 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie1708 View Post
Hi Anne

many thanks for your answer.
You are right, it's a big model and it's listet as "very difficult, advanced"
But i think i'll try and learn during the process.
I start with the hull structure, it seems fairly simpel, then move on, as you sur gest, with the small builds, lifeboat ect.
regarding instructions, i have three drawings of the superstructure and deck, and one drawing of the hull, that's it, no written instructions.
thanks for the tip regarding translate.
I have decided to use 2 mm karton for the hull, because it's total length is 122 cm, and to get some stiffness.
already now i can see a lot of questions coming from my side, but i will post them as the Assembly progress.

Preben

Preben
Sorry to say that but you can't just decided to use cardboard that you think is right for you. This way you are just asking for more troubles later on with the build. I am also pretty new to the hobby. I am working on my fifth model. I started with Schelswig Holstein model also from GPM and I wish I had started with something simpler. It was a waste of the model. As mentioned before you don't need written instructions to build paper models, pictures and diagrams speak for them self. Also If you need help with translation I can help since my mother language is Polish. Good luck with your build. Also if you starting the hobby with not original product (I hope not)but scanned model from web site it is not the best start :( Just saying respect to those who designed the ship and published...but good luck with your build

Last edited by Olo; 01-25-2019 at 12:05 PM.