View Single Post

Old 01-28-2019, 03:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Working the nose

Thank you very much gents! Huxley75, the shade that you have noticed is part of the print. From a short distance it really looks like real. Tonino, yeah, the 1:24 Airfix Hurricane is a memorable model. I remember those 1:72 scale Airfix models in small plastic bags, built many of them as a kid, in fact they were the start of a life-long addiction. Isaac, better get yourself another copy !

Back to the paper Hurricane. Next are the engine exhausts and to finalize the nose section, a few "bubbles" (or pimples?) on either side and then the spinner. I fitted a brass tube with 2mm OD / 1mm ID in the nose and to align the tube properly already built the spinner with a 1mm dia brass rod. Brass is soft so can be sanded easily to obtain a slightly thinner pin, resulting in a very smooth running prop assembly. The blades will come later.

It was just after Christmas when I constructed the red spinner. What can I say - I had this "Rudolph the red nosed Reindeer" tune on my mind all the time when looking at the model.... Look at Ricleite's Me109, why so many Rudolphs popping up ???

Cheers,
Erik
Attached Thumbnails
1:33 Hawker Hurricane Mk IID, Orlik-img_9395.jpg   1:33 Hawker Hurricane Mk IID, Orlik-img_9396.jpg   1:33 Hawker Hurricane Mk IID, Orlik-img_9398.jpg   1:33 Hawker Hurricane Mk IID, Orlik-img_9399.jpg   1:33 Hawker Hurricane Mk IID, Orlik-img_9400.jpg  

1:33 Hawker Hurricane Mk IID, Orlik-img_9401.jpg