View Single Post

Old 01-30-2019, 05:52 AM

Location: Tultepec,Estado de México; about 30 Km to downtown Mexico, City
Total Downloaded: 1.36 GB
This plane has my same age (and still in service)

I like the B-52 since my chilhood years. I remember doing the Revell kit with the X-15 and then the big Monogram kit. But nowadays I´m trying to be a Paper Modeller. Let´s start from the begginnig, I choose Gary Pilsworth ´s XB-52 which starts the series. Not the first to fly, due to engines trouble; instead the first to fly was the other prototype, the YB-52. So I plan to build it in 1/300 for having in the same scale with Bruno´s B-52. When I do the test build, realize that it measures 10 scale meters more long. So I try to print it accurately. First error was let the printer fit to paper (In the test build). So do my math, and a 33.33 reduction factor came out. When was printed again, the result was that still it was larger. Then I realized it was in A4 sheet and I was printing in Letter format and a 3% or 4% factor was iterferring. I finnally printed it in 30.56% and then the measures coincided with that I have in the Planes. That´s why a scale bar along with the model is useful. So I finnally printed it out.Regards,Tony.
Attached Thumbnails
This plane has my same age (and still in service)-dsc02071.jpg   This plane has my same age (and still in service)-dsc02073.jpg   This plane has my same age (and still in service)-dsc02074.jpg