View Single Post

Old 02-01-2019, 12:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 52.78 MB
Fly Models IJN Nagato

My son bought me this model to cheer me up after my Father passed away in Dec of last year.
I only took up paper modelling in Dec as a healing process and am relatively new to paper card modelling having only completed the HMS Thunderchild DIo, a few of those World of Tanks 1:50th scale models and a few of the free Robototegnik kits Ive found off the net.

The Nagato is the biggest project to date and a real learning curve, one thing that I was struggling with was the extremely tiny parts and how to get them on the ship with out breaking them as I have carpel tunnel and don't always have great control over tweezers and tended to crush the delicate parts trying to place them on the ship,

The Mrs does Diamond panting as a hobby and I noticed that the diamonds that she sticks to the picture are really small the applicator that come with the kit has a small blob of replaceable sticky wax that holds the diamond long enough to stick it to the backing sheet, it is also absolutely perfect for transferring small delicate paper parts accurately to the model with no fear of crushing them, the wax holds the paper part with enough stick to position it and leaves no residue, best thing i have found for anyone with limited movement in their fingers.

progress so far, and please bear in mind this is my fist ever big paper ship model (the only other on was HMS Thunderchild War of the worlds one and about 10 models ever.
Attached Thumbnails
Fly Models IJN Nagato-dsc_0711.jpg   Fly Models IJN Nagato-dsc_0712.jpg   Fly Models IJN Nagato-dsc_0703.jpg  

Last edited by meece; 02-01-2019 at 01:04 PM.