View Single Post

Old 02-02-2019, 08:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hello
thanks for comments.

@ Tino @ Thank you and I will remember.

@ Mike @, @ Mike @, @ Ab @ - I do not know how much my model differs from that in Lisbon. It seems to me that I am lucky, that is, visually it is very similar, but have I kept the proportions? I based myself on pictures of this and other models from that period, on the cardboard model (Magellan's Trinidad from "Shipyard"), on drawings and plans of similar ships, etc.
Another issue is the model itself at the Museum in Lisbon; is it really close to ships from that period? I do not have such knowledge to discuss the correctness of hull shapes, buoyancy and other aspects of the structure. I trust that the model in the museum is not a scifi vehicle from "Star Wars" :-)))

The next parts to complete the hull construction were supposed to be very easy, but they were not. Because I do not paint parts, every badly designed part must be prepared again. And just because I have no plans, I had to do the same work several times. The prepared parts once proved to be too big, sometimes too thin ... and they landed in a trash can. In the end, I managed to build 99% of the hull with all the details and now it looks like this:

Best
Tomek
Attached Thumbnails
Sao Gabriel of Vasco da Gama 1497 (1/100 scratch)-kad-02a.jpg   Sao Gabriel of Vasco da Gama 1497 (1/100 scratch)-kad-03.jpg   Sao Gabriel of Vasco da Gama 1497 (1/100 scratch)-kad-09a.jpg   Sao Gabriel of Vasco da Gama 1497 (1/100 scratch)-kad-10.jpg   Sao Gabriel of Vasco da Gama 1497 (1/100 scratch)-kad-12.jpg  

Sao Gabriel of Vasco da Gama 1497 (1/100 scratch)-kad-14.jpg   Sao Gabriel of Vasco da Gama 1497 (1/100 scratch)-kad-15.jpg   Sao Gabriel of Vasco da Gama 1497 (1/100 scratch)-kad-17.jpg   Sao Gabriel of Vasco da Gama 1497 (1/100 scratch)-kad-18.jpg