View Single Post

Old 02-06-2019, 11:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 52.78 MB
Waitangi Day (our version of Independence day) and a Public holiday here in New Zealand yesterday meant a little time reflecting on Life, drinking a glass or two of fine Kiwi Wine and working a little on the Nagato , slowly working my way up the bridge superstructure with the help of paper Fans photos it's now so much easier. adding the harder to get at detail bits as i go the rest of the bits will be added closer to the end, started putting the AA gun barrels on but keep wiping them off so will add them at at the end of the build.

started playing around with what i can use for railing as nothing is available locally and i cant justify the huge mailing cost to get commercial ones in, maybe when I have a bit more practice and my models are better but at the moment I would consider PE railings a waste of money.
Had a go making some out of paper after all err thats what the rest of the ship is made out of lol, after a bit of fafing around made a few prototypes, to me maybe a bit overscale but do look better to the naked eye than in a photo and certainly better than no railings.

I haven't touched up the edges yet on them as i will do that right at the end of the build as Im hopeless at colour matching and will prob on get the colour match right one time , lol when I do i will just spend a few hours doing all the visible edges
Attached Thumbnails
Fly Models IJN Nagato-dsc_0726.jpg   Fly Models IJN Nagato-dsc_0723.jpg