View Single Post

Old 02-07-2019, 12:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 871.99 MB
ThaiPaperworks B-52H Repaint

I was given the honor by Chatchai K (Nobi) to do a recolour of his latest release 1/100 B-52H 'The Big Stick' of which MichaelS is currently building in another thread. I've already done a second grey version for him- 'Longrangers II' which he says will be released soon.
I thought for the sake of variety a third version sporting an early multicolour camo job ('Phase VI SAC') would be the best approach and hopefully generate extra sales for Nobi.
This particular BUFF has been a popular subject with decal producers and even die-cast manufacturers.
'Red River Raiders' (61-0022) with Yosemite Sam (''Say ya prayers, rabbit!'') motif was one of at least two B-52H's decorated as such of the 319th Bomb Wing (now the 319th Air Refuelling Wing) that took part in the RAF's 'Giant Strike XI' bombing and navigation competition at RAF Marham in 1981.
I've tried to keep the colours as accurate as possible though as we all know different printers do different things.
I'm doing an ongoing test build shown here and what you see here is where I'm currently at. I've finished the port wing but still working on the starboard and engine pods.
I couldn't find the 1981 names listed on the ground crew panel so used a bit of 'artistic license'.
Any colour alignment issues (mercifully few) that are apparent have been corrected in the final draft that will be submitted for release.
Hope you all like her so far and thanks to Texman for some help he gave clarifying markings details.
Attached Thumbnails
ThaiPaperworks B-52H Repaint-img_9140.jpg   ThaiPaperworks B-52H Repaint-img_9139.jpg   ThaiPaperworks B-52H Repaint-img_9142.jpg   ThaiPaperworks B-52H Repaint-img_9143.jpg   ThaiPaperworks B-52H Repaint-img_9144.jpg  

ThaiPaperworks B-52H Repaint-img_9145.jpg   ThaiPaperworks B-52H Repaint-img_9147.jpg