View Single Post

Old 02-10-2019, 03:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdave View Post
Mike...is that a per Gallon(US) cost shown on your map?
Taxes! at least thats the problem here in Canada.

The variances across North America are ridiculous.
Mostly because Taxes vary from State to State, Province to Province.
...taxes constitute a lot of the cost.
Although destination is a factor too...the cost of shipping fuel to remote locations, like Alaska?

LOL (Auto) Gas prices here in southern Ontario can vary as much as 30 Cents a litre within just a few kilometers!
And prices can fluctuate by 30 cents up and down weekly!
Average price right now is $1.10 per litre.

Can/Imp. Gallon is 4.5 litres (thats about 4.55/Gal)
US Gallon is 3.5 litres (about $3.55/Gal)

Aviation Fuel is priced differently, but a lot closer to the same prices as Auto Fuel these days.
Hi Dave,

No, the prices for Canada are by the liter....I won't be buying much fuel in Canada.

That is one reason why I fly the BC coast non-stop from Petersburg, AK to Washington state.

With my extra 20.5 gal aux tank I'm making for the passenger seat, I'll be able to go from Petersburg to Bonners Ferry, Idaho non-stop.

With the extended range, allows far more choices for finding the cheap fuel along the route. Biggest advantage is far fewer stops for fuel, means faster travel between points.

Normal range would be from Kenai to Yakutat, refuel, fly to Petersbrug, refuel, fly to Orcas Island, WA. Orcas fuel is closest to Petersburg, add 10-gallons before flying to Arlington, WA to top off due to much lower prices. High prices in Washington State due to taxes.

With aux fuel tank, Kenai to Petersburg no problem. Gain one hour because did not stop in Yakutat. Next leg Petersburg to Bonners Ferry-gas less than $4 a gallon, bypass all of taxes in Washington State and gain two hours because did not need to stop twice!

I try to avoid fueling in Oregon because the law there says no self serve fuel in Oregon! That means an attendant has to be present, no credit card options = call out fees after hours can be over $100 + fuel charge.

Best regards,
Mike Bauer