View Single Post

Old 02-10-2019, 03:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 70.75 MB
Send a message via MSN to Lex
Supermarine Spitfire Mk I, 1:33 [Inwald/Alin]

Hi all,

I would like to present a (right now almost-complete) build of Spitfire Mk I, by Inwald Models, with RR Merlin engine provided by Alin. This was entered into a Spitfire build competition on a Chinese forum, the subject of which was incidentally suggested by myself.

For the competition, I had originally planned to build Halinski's Mk Vb, but was then motivated by a few friend of mine, who were under quite the impression that nothing good comes from being free. Commercial kits always offer the best quality and experience, they said. However, I disagree. Thus I have set out to prove them wrong, as both kits in this build are available as free downloads. The model is built as-is, with minimal modifications. This is to make my point and to do maximum justice to these kits. I had always supported free models, and I am very sure that designers are the most happy when people build their kits.

Attached is the state of the model right now, just missing tiny bits from completion. The full build report follows shortly.
Attached Thumbnails
Supermarine Spitfire Mk I, 1:33 [Inwald/Alin]-spit2.jpg   Supermarine Spitfire Mk I, 1:33 [Inwald/Alin]-spit3.jpg   Supermarine Spitfire Mk I, 1:33 [Inwald/Alin]-spit1.jpg  

Last edited by Lex; 02-10-2019 at 04:13 PM.