View Single Post

Old 02-12-2019, 02:33 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Living in Africa and going into "remote" areas always has the potential for interesting finds of all kinds - including locomotives. As well as the Southern African area, other places like Zambia, Mocambique, and Angola, as well as other Central African countries, still have a huge potential for remarkable, or unrecorded, finds.

What I do normally do on trips into "remote" areas, is ask around with the locals - and time and time again this has brought up some surprising finds.

I mention this as I have been going through my photos to try and get them into some semblance of order and have been collating all my "finds" over the years. I will share some of the more interesting ones.

----------------------------

The photo below is of a loco that lies on an isolated stretch of line, and the remains look like an underground loco from a mine.

It is interesting as the site was not accessible by vehicle, and while there were mines in the area, these were opencast and not underground mines, and were also some 5-10 km away and relatively run down. The location was not on a route to anywhere, so it remains a bit of a puzzle. Slowly being stripped for the metal I am sure it no longer exists.

Next up, some interesting Zambian finds.
Attached Thumbnails
Railway Pics - Locos, Rolling Stock, Buildings, Etc!-bwf2.jpg