View Single Post

Old 02-13-2019, 02:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 285.85 MB
Ok, Jedi and Sith, quiet please. I have to focus today

I thought I tackle the cockpit next so I have the interior covered before I go on with the hull. And this already brought me to my limits. Are some parts small here!

These are the prepared parts ...

... and the seat!

I think that's some areas in the sub 1mm region!

The assembly worked surprisingly. I started to use toothpicks to deliver the glue. All my previous methods were too coarse.

After this step I realized that I glued the inner side things on the wrong way. The texture details will now be hidden under the front part. When I glued it on, I thought they should be in front of the pilot in his vision. But no big deal, I will draw some details manually later in the vacant areas

I am very happy with how the seat turned out. That was very small detail work for me. I have new appreciation of all those builders showing assembly steps next to small coins!!!

Also I was hoping this will be the warm up to another build with the added extra detail, but I am not sure now. Have to see how the rest goes and if I get better at this micro detail scale.

But the result is impressive! Here's the final assembly of the cockpit finished.

I better make sure when I put the nose structure together that this cockpit will fit in there!

To be continued ...

Chris