View Single Post

Old 02-15-2019, 12:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 339.83 MB
Thanks for all the support, guys !
Although my website no longer exists, I still want to finish at least two models: the Ariane 6 2019 Final Version, and the life-size Pioneer 4.
They can only be obtained via email (a PDF, with a personal, unique password for every receiver).
I may still draw on my computer, from time to time, but only for personal use. I shall visit this and other forums, but not very often.
I am an avid plastic model kit collector AND builder. With well over 750 kits I'd better start now and speed up the building process. I don't expect to live over 200 years old.

My models are just a small collection of what has been stolen. Many other designers have been robbed, as well. I wonder how they feel about it.
From this day on, every model they put online for free, will only fill the pockets of thieves on the other side of the world.........

_______
Erik

PS. Funny : when I came home from work, everything was okay and I was already preparing to work on some more models. At around 19:30 I found that Chinese website.
Within 5 minutes I mailed my account manager to remove my website. Just before 21:00 it was gone.........
And the weird thing is.... I did it all almost without emotion. No anger, sadness, or whatever. Still totally calm about it, even now. (Is there something wrong with me or am I
just getting older...??!!)
Ironic : next week I am going to participate in a large scale model show. With paper models. I had a sweater made with the logo of my website printed very large on the
front side..........
I was going to wear it for the first time on the first day of the show.
Now I have a useless sweater.

Bright side : I am participating in the role of assistant. An older man is going to retire and he needs someone to take over his business. He has a web shop, selling paper models.
Next weekend we are going to talk business.
Instead of making models, I am going to sell them and FINALLY make some money on paper models.

Maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel.