View Single Post

Old 02-15-2019, 12:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 285.85 MB
As a creator of paper models I feel with you. It is really frustrating when someone steals your work and in extension your time and energy that went into it. And it doesn't matter if you made them available for free or commercially. It is a violation of your intentions and generosity.

But then there is not much I can do about it - esp in far away countries where even large nations and companies have problems with technology and intellectual property theft etc. If they don't have the power to get justice, which chance do I have?

I have made my peace with this fact of life and try to focus on building my community of friends and supporters. I enjoy creating paper models. I am thankful for everyone who supports me with real money buying my stuff. I will do this as long as I am financially able to continue.

Placing your models on a larger store could increase the chance that they (the store owners) might take legal action. I doubt however that it will be successful if the theft happens outside our "western" jurisdiction.

I hope you can get the negative effects out of your system soon and go back to enjoying life. Leave the bad "karma" with their owner(s) and enjoy the happiness you bring to people who enjoy your creations. Nobody can take that away from you.

Peace out
Chris