View Single Post

Old 02-19-2019, 06:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.57 MB
Hello everybody,
well then let's go into the cellar bakery and get to the sticky Flour pleasure. So that not everything is made sticky afterwards, I have precautionally covered the environment with foil.

For a more even flour application I used this sieve instead of the small shovel, which is very suitable for this.

And then the Pattex Adhesive Spray was applicated, whereby I've turned the Dummy slowly several times during the spraying process.

The spray layer looked strangely flaky, whereat I've wondered about, especially because I remembered the image of the formerly used UHU Adhesive Spray which looked somehow more fluidly ...

After the photo, I've immediately taken up the flour sieve. While I was shooting the Dummy, I then sprinkled up a lot of flour and subsequently pressed it lightly with my fingers.

Then I've gently tapped the Dummy around with my finger, causing much of the flour to fall off.

So now I let stand the whole thing once over night, so that the glue can dry through.

Here is a close-up of the first two patterns, where one can still recognize the stripes of the cover tape.

In the meantime I've taken the LH2 Tank and started to remove this Pressurization line, which had not existed on the ET-8 during STS-6. That was pretty good doable with the Chisel cutter,

whereby it is advantageous to put the blade with the slope downwards to produce no unsightly nicks.

Tomorrow I will then remove the excess flour with a brush and present you the result of this Flour test application, which I myself am very curious.

Launch Pad 39A with Challenger STS-6 (1:144)