View Single Post

Old 02-20-2019, 03:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 871.99 MB
Apologies for seeming lack of progress on this model. Unexpected work and other commitments together with the fact that I totally underestimated the required time and effort on a big project like this has meant not being able to be where I would like to be.
Decided a 'production line' approach rather than completing each engine pod one at a time would be best. Each engine pair is a well designed model on it's own and requires time and careful alignment because it's easy to end up with a twist. Nobi provides accurate formers and little centering alignment marks on the parts which truly are a great help.
I decided the pylons needed some join tabs otherwise the builder will be trying to edge join parts which simply won't be anywhere near strong enough. The arrows show the tabs I used. I also put little card spreader wedges inside the pylons to 'fatten' them and help them follow the highlighted mounting areas on the wing leading edges.
I previously completed one engine pod and have progressed well on the other three.
Attached Thumbnails
ThaiPaperworks B-52H Repaint-img_9164.jpg   ThaiPaperworks B-52H Repaint-img_9167.jpg   ThaiPaperworks B-52H Repaint-img_9168.jpg   ThaiPaperworks B-52H Repaint-img_9169.jpg   ThaiPaperworks B-52H Repaint-img_9165.jpg  

ThaiPaperworks B-52H Repaint-img_9166.jpg