View Single Post

Old 08-10-2009, 05:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.23 MB
While we wait for some more updates to this thread.... I just wanted to share some pictures of my build so far.
First I want to thank Jules for his amazing model...

I did some minor redesigning and enhancing of some parts to make it a bit more movie like... (what you may call "nitpicking").

Since I had some metalic silver paper around I decided to use it for this project. You may notice I moved the front shield almost flush to the side vents. I also changed the front blue plates slightly.

I redid the nose partially, aded a couple of pieces to it and cut some paper from existing parts. The back piece holding the eyes was scored since the ink was too light and lines on it were barely visible.

The top part was done using same matalic paper only blue, laminated to contact paper to give it the shiny look. Since I could not print directly on the blue metallic paper I had to do a very tedious 4 step process to get it done. 1 cuting printed part tabless. 2 using that part as a template on blue paper. 3 after cutting the part from the blue paper laminating it to the contact paper. 4 after cutting it from contact paper I laminated it to regular parper to create tabs. Repeat for every single blue part.

Added side parts of the head. Also added the two little pieces on the opening on the cowl. For the gray "ear" part I had to cut out the lettering since ink did not show correctly. also to create the embossing effect I laminated 3 pieces of cardstock one base, one large circle and a smaller circle corresponding to printed image to which I glued original part and finally I used my heel to put all of my body weight on it. came out pretty good I think. Doesn't show to well in the pics, but looks great live.

Just added the "ears". Out in the sun it really shows the blue paper and the pearlesent look it gives, almost like a custum car paintjob. and since that what optimus is a modded truck it looks great. Undes the opening on the face shiel you can see tha tabs where the original shield piece is.I also added a pice to connect the nose bridge to the top of the head.

Here I re-designed the little silver "ear wings" just made them more pointy and rounded the front. On the base of them i just embossed the little silver rectangle. and made it a solid piece. Black Lines on it are made with a black pen.

Added Blue wings. also changed the shape of it and made the printed detail completely 3d using several layers. I rounded the silver edge and added a rounded silver part to color correct the part (nitpicking).

Mayor eye surgery. Decided to enhance the eyes a bit. I also added the golden parts on the side of his head, and made little holes on it's cheek piece.

Close up of eye after surgery.

Overview of the model so far.

Front view

Added a pice to the side of the head to connect the blue hear to the rest of the head. creates a smoother transition also a little more movie prime like. also added side parts near the back.

Model built so far.

That's it so far as soon as I get some time I will be finishing the head. No more major changes on the back.
Thanks again for this amazing model can't wait for the rest.
I hope you guys like it.
Take care...

Last edited by Alejandr0; 08-10-2009 at 05:35 PM.