View Single Post

Old 03-13-2019, 07:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 24.26 MB
nothing earth shattering but I think I'm more likely to finish the project if I try to keep posting update.

The theoretical goal (in the sense that there is no actual contrainst) of this and its related models is to design them so that they would be faily quick and easy to build by anyone downloading them. The target audience are tabletop wargammers and are meant as a free alternative to plastic / wooden / metal models so that someone could quickly build up their forces and scenery.

For this particular model, I want to limit the number of pieces so apart from the turret and smaller parts that stick out (doors, windows, access hatch), the main part could in theory be a single folded piece but since you end up with a large empty space in the middle, I want to prevent the main part becoming too "squishable".

The 2 idea I can think of (sketch below to illustrate) would be:

1- have the main part made of 3 pieces: the main body, the undercarriage glued underneath and a set of track glued to each side of the undercarriage.

2- have the main body composed of 3 pieces glued together, the middle one extending partly further down to form the undercarriage and the 2 sets of track then glue to the part that extends.

the first one is simplest but still results in a large amount of empty space (unless you include some inner scaffolding) while the second version would be hard to align perfectly (unless the seams are to be covered by another piece of paper the width of all 3 pieces combined.)
Attached Thumbnails
light assault snowmobile-mulot-sketch.jpg