View Single Post

Old 03-16-2019, 07:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 614.80 MB
A moment now to catch up. Got the nose gear parts formed and then assembled. The opening for the gear is mostly covered up - apparently the larger nose gear doors only opened during retraction and extension, and were closed otherwise (can see this in many photos). So the only gear door provided is the smaller front one, with the number ("30V") on it. I used that to create a small black rectangle to represent the open wheel well, rather than a full depth wheel well. The bent finger nose strut assembly then just glues onto that. The long forked sway bar that must go deep within the wheel well had to be clipped short. It also meant that there was only room for about 3 mms of the retraction strut, which seems to go from the knuckle of the sway bar up to the base of the nose strut. I elected to leave it off. The final assembly looks satisfactory, except the marker I used to cover the white bits on the tires was sloppy. The main gear assemblies are straightforward - the thick built up gear doors are interesting.
Attached Thumbnails
Murph's Models Boeing 377-dscn1140.jpg   Murph's Models Boeing 377-20190312_231337.jpg   Murph's Models Boeing 377-dscn1146.jpg   Murph's Models Boeing 377-dscn1145.jpg   Murph's Models Boeing 377-dscn1148.jpg