View Single Post

Old 03-24-2019, 03:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 40.04 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrian Spitfire View Post
... Since I am a paper purist, I only try my options. I do not like filling, sanding or painting...
I admire your integrity. This is one of those models where you are faced with a choice. If you build it as it was intended by the designer will be absolutely impossible to hide its paper nature, you can only try to do it the better way you can and obtain the right compromise between the "perfect" look and the fact this is actually a paper model.

I agree with you on this matter: with the only exception of transparent pieces I tend to use only paper if I'm doing a paper model. It's obviously a matter of point of view. Fortunately, at least in his building room, a modeller has the right to choose the way he wants to do the things... at least there... out of the room there are wives...

Different matter if I'm dealing with a "multimedia" kit: in this case the most enjoying thing is to imagine what can I use to reproduce any little detail looking around to every common object. But this is a completely different kind of work.

Anyway great work with those petals, Kurt. You did a great job forcing them to take a defined shape. I coundn't have afforded such a nice result.