View Single Post

Old 04-15-2019, 04:26 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
Kurt, I have been following your model of Gloucester with great interest. I am also have been a "fan" of Rupert Cordeux for many years. Years ago I bought all of his models when he was known as Rupert Chicken (all my kits have this name on them.) They are all printed on A3 paper in black and white...no color. Very little was known about Rupert in those days and then suddenly he appeared on Paper Modelers as Rupert Cordeaux and new updated kits under the name of Rupert Cordeaux. I like his new kits, but I feel fortunate to have his original models of most of the English cathedrals that I have visited.

I have built Canterbury, Hereford, Lincoln and Tewksbury which you can see on my webpage -www.cathedralquest.com under models. We spent a half a day at Gloucester in 2013 (see CATHEDRAL QUEST: our quest to experience cathedrals in Europe) but I have not made the Gloucester kit yet, maybe my next one. I am not very good at adding the color.

I am impressed with your cut out windows which appears to be a ‘big job”. It certainly adds to the authentic look of the building. I have done this on other churches where the framing and new windows are a part of the kit – some of them colored.
I will keep following your thread and your fine work.

I am sure that all who read this posting today are as saddened by the tragic fire at Notre Dame today. I have been there several times and have a wonderful model as a reminder.