View Single Post

Old 04-19-2019, 03:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 164.37 MB
Petestein:
The version is a point we are postponing till later. In fact, it is just about the last decision we will have to take. Of course, being Dutch, we will certainly do the KLM version - but more versions are possible. Our mutual friend Eduardo has already offered to do the colouring / (re)painting, and the decision will also depend on suggestions we may get via this thread. A Berlin Airlift livery will of course be our first alternative option.
If anyone has a different suggestion: it would certainly help if they can do the necessary research: pictures, texts and numbers, necessary company logo's. But please be aware of the fact that a repaint takes a lot of time - so we would like to be sure of at least a number of buyers. Just an example: when we were working on the Fokker Friendship, someone suggested a 'white' version, so people could do their own painting. As far as I know, none was bought... The Hughes version sold just one copy...

More pictures - as I explained, one seldom finds drawings of the landing gear, so real life pictures can help. I also found a half built copy of a plastic DC6, and a picture of landing gear parts for a (plastic?) model.

All this takes time: I kept entering various key words into Google Images, and often it is also a matter of serendipity: trying to find one thing, one suddenly comes across something useful.
Attached Thumbnails
Douglas DC-4 / C-54 for Paper Trade: Berlin Airlift.-2018-12-17_16-47-03.jpg  

Last edited by Diderick A. den Bakker; 04-19-2019 at 03:32 PM.