View Single Post

Old 04-20-2019, 04:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 164.37 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petestein View Post
Still not decided on the scale? In my opinion, 1/50 would be good.
Peter:
The scale is the least (and last!) of our worries. The final drawings are made in great detail and very large size. Once they are all completed, parts are scaled down to a suitable scale and arranged to fit American Letter size paper (a little smaller than A4 as used in the rest of the world), and that is when we can decide on the final scale. Of course this means that larger parts (wings, spars) may have to be cut up to fit the paper size...
Larger scale plane models, especially popular with some Polish publishers, are very attractive - but also very expensive in (home) printing and in the mail: another good reason for using Letter / A4 size.
And yes, for a plane this size 1/50 seems a good choice. For people who want a larger or smaller version, we always add percentages to our instructions to enlarge (or diminish) the scale in printing - of course a printshop will have to use larger size paper.

And talking about suitable plans: Cor has done quite a few Dutch streamline Diesel trains. Drawings and photographs were no problem - but never a picture from above... in the end, we had to use pictures of HO railway models.

Anyone interested in trains: my site has pictures. Go to zeistbouwplaten.nl, page Transport, series Paper Trade.
Many more pictures on papermodelsinternational.tumblr.com/ - please contribute by sending me pictures of your own models?
Attached Thumbnails
Douglas DC-4 / C-54 for Paper Trade: Berlin Airlift.-18-november-2006-060.jpg  

Last edited by Diderick A. den Bakker; 04-20-2019 at 04:50 PM.