View Single Post

Old 04-30-2019, 01:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 317.47 MB
Thanks Michael. Looks like you've figured out it's my design... and yes you're right. This DeSoto is my first digitally designed model.

For quite a long time I was looking for a paper model of American car from the 1940s or 1950s which would be good for a Cuban diorama. I hadn't found anything interesting so I decided to design something on my own. My first thought was DeSoto; I didn't know which model but I knew it would be a DeSoto for sure. The only limit was a year of the car, as in January 1st 1959 Cuba was basically taken over by Castro; it's rather impossible to see newer US cars in Cuba...
I decided to do a 57' Fireflite mostly because I had a great set of drawings. The another important factor was obviously the overall look. I don't know what others think but to my eyes Fireflite is a really pretty vehicle.

I can release this DeSoto when it's finished but please keep in mind it will be only a "shell" without wheels, bumpers, rear lights, chassis and license plates. I've designed it for myself and all these mentioned parts will be made from scratch on my model, just like in Lada 2107.

By the way, I've calculated the scale of Lada and it's 1/63. DeSoto is in the same scale.

Last edited by PacificWind; 04-30-2019 at 01:32 PM.