View Single Post

Old 05-01-2019, 10:43 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
The first several of the photos show the addition of the small building attached to the first of the 4 towers on the central part of the model. They have numerous dormers and chimneys as does the first part. There are 4 identical sets on top of the main building. I have decided to complete the adjacent lower part and tower before returning to the right tower section. It will give me a break from these tedious little pieces.

Please note the section on the left (facing the building) which has one of the stairways attached to the rear. The corner tower construction is a little different from the top towers in that several of the dormers are attached to the main lower circle and that the top dormers roofs are glued to the circular dome. This is much easier to put together than adding the complete dormer to the dome. There are; however, still several chimneys to be added directly to the roof. I am finding these small pieces, that are so close together,rather difficult to attach with old shaky hands.

Looking at the building with the naked eye, instead of photographs, the dormers and towers look very straight. I spend a lot of time looking at them and straightening them when attaching them, but the photographs show some of them are leaning a little bit. They really don’t look like a basket of ” French fries”. They look very straight.

Since the riight tower and right lower sections are identical to what I have posted, I will wait until I finish the right side before posting again, but I do love hearing your comments so please continue to make them.
Attached Thumbnails
Chambord Chateau - France-02-dsc02963.jpg   Chambord Chateau - France-03-dsc02965.jpg   Chambord Chateau - France-04-dsc02966.jpg   Chambord Chateau - France-05-dsc02961.jpg   Chambord Chateau - France-06-dsc02968.jpg  

Chambord Chateau - France-07-dsc02970.jpg   Chambord Chateau - France-08-dsc02972.jpg   Chambord Chateau - France-09-dsc02973.jpg   Chambord Chateau - France-10-dsc02974.jpg   Chambord Chateau - France-11-dsc02976.jpg  

Chambord Chateau - France-12-dsc02979.jpg