View Single Post

Old 05-02-2019, 06:49 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thanks for the comments, friends

@ Fred - the fit was fine up to this point. Skinning was problematic, as stated below.
@ Erik - Yes, some details will be definitively hidden. That's a good reason to take construction shots. Sometimes, I wonder if leaving an open panel would be useful. Leaving the canopy open makes a difference on the pictures but not so much if you have the model on your hands. At least on the Ki-84, where I didn't glue the movable part of the canopy.

Skinning the middle fuselage was rather frustrating. The end result doesn’t (hopefully) look too bad but the fact is that the parts didn’t cover everything. Gaps remained between the upper and lower skin assemblies. I glued colored paper strips over the inside skin parts, so that the gaps got somewhat disguised. On the “plus” side, the outer skin openings for the fuselage gun fairings and the landing gear fittings aligned properly to the inner skin and structure parts.
Attached Thumbnails
Gloster Sea Gladiator - Halinski - 1/33-gladiator-c049.jpg   Gloster Sea Gladiator - Halinski - 1/33-gladiator-c050.jpg   Gloster Sea Gladiator - Halinski - 1/33-gladiator-c051.jpg