View Single Post

Old 05-05-2019, 06:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.57 MB
Hello friends,

here are the first pictures of the Mix color shades on the both floured and partly twice primed dummies with the five different Stripe patterns, cf. Reply #1892, whereby I have applied the colors not by airbrush, but with the brush.

In the foreground of the following color-tone comparisons stands my favored Pattern 2, consisting of single turns of 0,75 mm Tape (distance 0,5 mm), glued as a continuous spiral (Barber pole).

The three Mix color shades in the following picture correspond to the last preferred MA Mixtures,

Mix-1 - MA 71.076 (Skin Tone) : MA 71.077 (Wood) - 1:1

Mix-2 - MA 71.033 (Ochre) : MA 71.034 (Sand Brown) - 4:1

Mix-3 - MA 71.077 (Wood) : MA 71.034 (Sand Brown) - 3:1

here again from a slant position.

And this is the comparison on the short dummy, which was both once and double floured, cf. Reply #1636,

which can be seen even more clearly here at the border between the two areas once again.

And this is the Mix-1 on the once-floured area.

These are the Mix color shades on the two dummies in a vertical arrangement, first on the big dummy,

and here on the short dummy, where the simple flour state seems to me almost as sufficient.

And finally still the comparison of the three Mix color shades with the reference photo, whereby the Mix-1 fits best to the brighter areas of the Closeouts.

In contrast, in my opinion at the Mix-2 for the LH[sub]2[/sub] tank,

and even more so at the Mix-3 for the Intertank is missing a little bit of Orange.

These two color shades came out much better on paper,

wherefore I have still to modify their mixture by adding a bit more Orange.

Launch Pad 39A with Challenger STS-6 (1:144)