View Single Post

Old 05-05-2019, 05:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 35.81 MB
Glad you all like this curious paper model. The original is in my collection, Diderick. I just did my best with Google translate to translate the text on the opening page.

It reads: "Out of a place in the wide world, once there was an old miller who had constructed a peculiar clock, which could make time go backwards, and now the strange thing was that he could grind old people into young people in his mill. At first he let his clock work with the help of the windmill, but it did not really go, the wind did not allow him to control it, and the time became too irregular. The windmill was therefore allowed to fall in decay. But then he decided to build the clock with a waterwheel in the creek, and now time went quietly and right, that is to say, truly backwards, and people became young again without sudden jumps in the clockwork, and the word went far and wide about the remarkable youth mill."

So, now we have an explanation at last for the reason there's both a watermill and a windmill attached to the building. But if this is a true fairy tale, or just something made up by the editors at IFJ, who knows?