View Single Post

Old 05-15-2019, 09:02 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
1/72 D-Day M3 half track

The next to the last model for my D-Day display at this weekend's event at the USAHEC in Carlisle is this 1/72 M3 half track by Paper Tiger Armaments.

I love this little model. It's very detailed for 1/72 scale, and after my recolor I think it will stand up very well to enlargement, so it is my intention to build another one in 1/50 scale - my preferred armor scale.

There are parts in the kit to build the model two ways: either as a plain vanilla personnel carrier (my choice), or as a T19 105mm howitzer motor carriage. The half track isn't a stand alone kit, but comes bundled with the DUKW. A real bargain at $3. As usual, the written and pictorial assembly directions were stellar. If there is a weak point in this kit, it would have to be the tracks. They are double sided only part way around, so big sections of white are visible if the model is viewed from a level lower than straight on. I will definitely fix this when I build my 1/50 version.

For my final trick before this weekend, I will be building PTA's LCVP landing craft. I also have their Stuart tank in my back pocket, but I think the landing craft speaks D-Day more loudly. Perhaps I'll print out a copy of the Stuart and work on it during the event.

Photos were taken outside (I was so excited - the sun finally made an appearance. Look how green my grass is after all the rain). They're a bit grainy and contrasty. Photography is definitely not one of my skills.
Attached Thumbnails
1/72 D-Day M3 half track-m3-half-track-.jpg   1/72 D-Day M3 half track-m3-half-track-b.jpg   1/72 D-Day M3 half track-m3-half-track-c.jpg   1/72 D-Day M3 half track-m3-half-track-d.jpg   1/72 D-Day M3 half track-m3-half-track-e.jpg  

1/72 D-Day M3 half track-m3-half-track-f.jpg