View Single Post

Old 05-15-2019, 03:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.57 MB
Hello friends,
it must go on, and that's why Get to work!

For a change, I've went back again to the ET, on which still some things are to be removed, before it becomes serious with the final Flour coating.

But first I had to fill some places on the glued seams of the two tank parts, for what I have used the white Quick-Putty of Simprop, which can be quite well processed and after about 30 minutes be sanded both dry and wet.

While I first used coarse and finer grinding sticks after drying the filler, the final sanding step was done wet with Tamiya Abrasive Sponge (2000), which therefor is suited outstandingly.

Then I have begun to remove the Press. Line and the Cable Tray on the LO2 Tank, which I did bit by bit with the Chisel cutter, which was quite tedious.

Then the Press. Lines and the Cable tray on the LH2 Tank came under the chisel knife, whereby I've first cut off the Cable tray piece by piece and then the two Press. lines.

While remaining remnants can easily be scraped off with vertical standing chisel blade,

the fine sanding followed again wet with the sanding sponge, after which nothing remains of remnants to see.

The four Supports of the LO2 Feedline can remain in place because they are sitting in exactly the right place. It just lacks the front Support immediately behind the Intertank, which will be scratched.

Launch Pad 39A with Challenger STS-6 (1:144)