View Single Post

Old 05-24-2019, 01:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 414.21 MB
Another one of my random projects - while browsing Rob Schatborn's website I found yet another unpaired trailer for A. Campbell Haulage of Scotland. It so happens that he also had generic tractor units on www.norbtach.nl, including Scania and DAF trucks seen in Campbell photos.

I was almost done with my recolor of a red DAF XF95 when I remembered that the DAF corporate website had a number of papercraft trucks, and one was the more correct version with the cab spoiler. Even better it was designed by Gregor Rutka whose work I really like, but that doesn't diminish the usefulness of Mr. Schatborn's models. Thanks to both of them I have this model to offer, in 1:72 and 1:87 (since I couldn't figure out how to get 1:87 with my usual multiple page printouts). It's interesting to see the difference between this and my older DAF 2800 Eddie Stobart recolor.

A couple of notes:
1) there's a choice of 2 license plates (not quite a different recolor)
2) as designed the spoiler's unprinted white side can be seen from the back. I've added fold-over flaps to help hide this, the gray edged red flaps can be trimmed off if preferred.

As usual, this will be available pending moderator approval.

Last edited by lfuente; 05-24-2019 at 01:26 AM.