View Single Post

Old 05-26-2019, 06:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 865.44 MB
Thanks, RM. This sub has real character. I also just found the YouTube video of divers on the wreckage. Super interesting.

I got the forward gun housing put on with it's complicated cuts and double curves. The design was near perfect and once the paper was pre-shaped using some spherical dapping tools the seams were easy to glue with the help of some thin paper tabs on the inside for reinforcements I added. Many test fits later, I only did a bit of trimming to make the deck under the gun fit nicely but the fit is pretty amazing to me. My only gripe is my own fault...I colored edges of the cuts with a black Sharpie and it sort of bled into the surrounding paper making things look messy. Not sure what I'll do with that. Just in case, I also coated the inside of the enclosure with 5 minute epoxy so it will be a hard shell in case I want to sand, putty and respray with a (hopefully) matching color of dark, dark grey. Anyway, I'm pretty pleased as this was I tough part of the project but what gives it most of its character too!
Thanks for looking...Dan
Attached Thumbnails
HMS M.1 Extra Model 1/100th Scale-img_4065.jpg   HMS M.1 Extra Model 1/100th Scale-img_4067.jpg   HMS M.1 Extra Model 1/100th Scale-img_4068.jpg   HMS M.1 Extra Model 1/100th Scale-img_4072.jpg   HMS M.1 Extra Model 1/100th Scale-img_4073.jpg