View Single Post

Old 05-27-2019, 09:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 401.65 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
Good joke, John. And it would be a good imaginary markings model.

Incidentally, here is a well-researched article on the film Flying Down to Rio ("an extended commercial for Pan American Airways"): http://www.jitterbuzz.com/flying_to_rio.html.

Interestingly, three of the airplanes that appear in the film (Fairchild FC-1, Lockheed Vega, and Sikorsky S-40) are available as paper models, and Fitter designed several 1/33 models of various versions of the Douglas O-2, from which the Douglas M-1 Mailplane shown in the film was developed. I don't think there is a paper model of the Buhl Pup, the fifth of the historic aircraft featured in the film, but I have an ancient stick-and-tissue kit of the Buhl Pup and it could be a potential future subject for Murph.

I hope you won't be annoyed at all this information that I have stuffed into your build thread, Pericles, but it seemed relevant to your S-40 build.

Don
I don't know if I'm confusing this with the Boeing 40B in our Downloads, but I seem to remember a free black and white download of a 1:33 Douglas M1 from one of those legit Russian designer websites that are gone now, seen it in my CD stash somewhere.