View Single Post

Old 05-27-2019, 10:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 865.44 MB
Thanks, Fred. I'll check those markers out.

One thing I did figure out today was that my whole family says the camo is actually green. It looks like dark grey/black to me! But 3/3 can't be wrong! No wonder my black Sharpie looks funny. I also saw a picture of this beast completed on the WAK site and lo and behold...that sucker is definitely green! I think I'll take the opportunity to re-spray those colors and that will give me an excuse to get rid of those relief cuts on the main gun cover.

But today I built the neat little rear gun. It's a model in and of itself! Lots and lots of pieces and lengths of wire too. I really like the look of it when done. Very detailed and really looks the part. It's got seats, foot rests (or maybe foot triggers?), wheels etc. Love it!

One question for you nautical folks: would the barrel of this gun have a rope and plug like that seen on U-boats or was there something else the RN did? Just curious...

Anyway, thanks for looking...Dan
Attached Thumbnails
HMS M.1 Extra Model 1/100th Scale-img_4080.jpg   HMS M.1 Extra Model 1/100th Scale-img_4081.jpg   HMS M.1 Extra Model 1/100th Scale-img_4087.jpg   HMS M.1 Extra Model 1/100th Scale-img_4088.jpg   HMS M.1 Extra Model 1/100th Scale-img_4093.jpg