View Single Post

Old 05-30-2019, 06:33 PM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Thank you all for your enthusiastic comments. This was a fun build, so CT, thank you for hours of enjoyment. I knew the eagle plaque was wrong from the beginning, but I just couldn't find a clear image of one that matched the original.

The recently completed replica (either it's a lot smaller than the original, or those guys are huge) was left unpainted. I could probably have textured the whole thing with what I used on the underside.

Green, grey, unpainted, Bussing, Praga, unfortunately, no one knows with absolute certainty. I wish there was a rear view photo: could there have been a door on the back also? The entry hatch on the left hand side was very small and high up, and was probably difficult to climb up into.

Poland was a valuable ally to my country during our struggle for independence, so yes I have an interest in Polish history: Sobieski and the massive cavalry charge at the seige of Vienna saved the west's bacon, Kosciuszko and Pulaski's contributions during our revolutionary war, Krasinski's Polish lancers during the Napoleonic wars, the Polish 303 squadron during the battle of Britain, and the many contributions to the Allies by free Polish military during the whole of WWII. And then there was the conference at Yalta.