View Single Post

Old 06-02-2019, 03:34 PM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Pilsudski's tank is finished, and I'll soon be sending the file over to Charlie Cleland for inclusion in Landships II's growing list of downloadable paper models. I've made some improvements to the parts pages, so anyone who builds it after me will be getting a more accurate model.

I'm finally happy with the eagle on the front. I opened the full sized photo from #9 above in Photoshop, and got rid of everything except for the eagle. The photo was taken at an angle, and the front of the vehicle also leans backwards, so the eagle was distorted in two directions. Using the skew command, I unskewed the image until it was facing squarely to the front, and then widened it a bit horizontally to compensate for the photographic foreshortening. Finally I adjusted the brightness and contrast so bring out the shadows of the sculpted eagle. I widened the red field it's sitting on a bit, and printed out the new eagle on regular printed paper, and glued it on.

Besides the more accurate eagle, I also drew up heftier wheels/tires, and lengthened the chain mail curtain to closer match the real thing.

Here are a few final photos. New eagle, but still the old wheels and original short skirt.
Attached Thumbnails
1/50 Pilsudski's tank-pilsudskil.jpg   1/50 Pilsudski's tank-pilsudskim.jpg   1/50 Pilsudski's tank-pilsudskin.jpg