View Single Post

Old 06-11-2019, 02:19 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Leonardo da Vinci's Flying Machine Kit

Hi all,

Since I last posted in the Freshly Unpacked forum about this kit, I have been studying the pages, and have decided to start building the kit.

The instructions call for all the long square struts to be assembled, as they are pretty much the same thing, and you can stack them like lumber waiting to be used.

A word of caution though, at first I thought I was going loopy, but some parts are misnumbered, in the instructions parts 46-48 are shown to the be same parts, in fact they are not, parts 46 and 47 are parts of the frame upon one would lay in order to control the machine.
Parts 49 and 50 are identical to part 48, and are located on the same sheet as part 9, the main strut for the mechanism.

As for the parts being pressed out of the sheet, the cuts are very well done, with small connecting dots along the perimeter of the part. some trimming of the parts is needed, as those dots are noticeable and could impact future part placement, so they will get trimmed away.

The pre-scored fold lines fold over easily, so far no extra burnishing is required, but I have noticed that I will need to be precise with gluing the parts together, as the part could get out of square quickly, I might need to scuff the glue surfaces with an emery board or something similar, the surface has a glossy finish to it.

The first 10 parts are punched out, waiting to be trimmed, scuffed, folded and glued.

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo

Last edited by rickstef; 06-14-2019 at 07:35 PM.